Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Emails from Indiana--October 21, 2008

Sounds like a fun week! Mine was full of Baptists and crack fiends as usual. It may not be as funny to you as it is to me but maybe one day I’ll be able to help you understand.
I was actually just this week reminiscing a bit about corn-mazes haunted and otherwise. Man I miss that I’m really gonna enjoy corn-mazes when I get home. We used to go (seems like every year) and wander around until we came out the other side haha. Maybe one day I’ll have to try your method.
Oh man you said chili cook-off. I cannot WAIT until I can come home and WIN EVERY CHILI COOKOFF!!! Chili is a Hoosier specialty. Seems like everyone in Indiana knows how to cook 2 things in an incredible way. Chili and green beans.
I’m excited to hear you play, sounds like you’re getting awesome!! Then you can teach me how to play. Deal?
That’s lame about the Grubers. Let them know I’ll miss them a ton. And make sure you get their new address to me. Hopefully their house will sell quickly. I know how much of a headache that can be. I’ve seen it quite a bit here.
Well my week wasn’t too exciting except for 2 big things. Yesterday I bought some new ties, and one in particular was an awesome buy. It’s an all silk handmade tie out of London that I bought for 89 cents!!
Secondly, we were out walking around one night and we came across this church. There was a lady outside and she invited us in for a bible study. So we went in, they were very Baptist, and enjoyed a discourse on exodus. Time came that we needed to leave and so we got up and excused ourselves. The main pastor followed us out and asked us if we could come teach his youth program on Wednesday nights we told him we could and we introduced him a little bit to the book of Mormon and he was really excited about it!! So now were going to try to see what we can do about getting this guy a career change and see how much of his flock will follow!! Unfortunately I’m probably going to be leaving soon but I’m really really excited to work with him until I leave!!
Oh and we got our ward mission plan just about nailed down now we just have to get the ward to carry it. If they do I know this area will absolutely explode in missionary work!
Well I gotta go. I’m about out of time but I hope you have a great week I love ya, john

That’s interesting to hear Pete tried to call. If you could maybe try and give him a jingle or something and see if you can get his info again if you would?
Sounds like one way or another the ward’s going to be totally different when I get back. I remember Lester, he was an awesome guy! I’m glad to hear he was getting his callings accomplished even till his last day. I wish our members would have the same fervor for their calling (I think that’s the right word).
Well I dunno if I’m going to be able to finish the book of Mormon by
November 5th but I got my desire behind the goal accomplished. I got the book of Mormon back into my life on a more regular basis. We’ll see just how far I can get though.
This week was pretty good. Stacy is doing well. It’s really hard for him to remember specifics about the lessons but I think that he’s getting closer and closer to baptism. He may not hit November 1st but he will be baptized. In some ways I think the goal for November 1st was a little hasty.
Randy however is continuing to grow and develop as a member in amazing ways. I can see that he has the spirit in his countenance. He is a marked man. We started working with him in missionary work and it looks like its going to affect him in a bigger way than we thought. The ward is discussing making him one of our ward missionaries. He received the priesthood on Sunday. He’s on the path!!
Well I’m gonna go. Hope you have a better week. I love ya, john

No comments:

Post a Comment