Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cards

One of my friends asked me and a mutual friend to participate in a bazaar with her. It will be run by her church, and she asked for two tables. I only had two things to contribute (the other two ladies are much more into it than I am), but my sister posted some photos of greeting cards she made on facebook. That got me thinking. I could do some cards for the bazaar. 

So here's what I've been doing to keep myself busy the last couple days. 33 cards of the following varieties. 

I lifted this one from my sister. It took a bit to make a pattern for it, but I think it's so cute. Here it is folded and not folded. All the cards fit in a standard card envelope. 

My friend was given a card like this last year and I copied it because I liked it. I really like the yellow and pink ones. 

This is the inside. It's a folded pop-out. 

These are scherenschnitte hearts. I learned to do these way back when in Relief Society. About killed my hands, though. One of my fingers is still a little numb. My favorite ones are the purple and red ones. 

These were also inspired by my sisters. Linda sent the flower one to Hannah for a birthday. Ruth's daughter sent the yellow one to Hannah because she missed her. 

A few Christmas cards. 



I don't know where I got the sayings for these cards, but I've always loved them. 

So, now to find the next project. I'm thinking maybe I can tat some bookmarks in time for the bazaar. 

2 comments: