Thursday, February 26, 2009

Richest Man

One of my all time favorite self-help books is "Richest Man in Babylon" by George S. Clason. It is written in parable style, but teaches 8 very important money principles, which are saving, watch your spending habits, investing, protect your money, owning your own home, work, education, and getting out of debt. Although it's my favorite, it is the second financial book I recommend to people.

The first book I recommend is "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. This one helped straighten out some of the faulty thinking about money I had picked up along the way. Once my thinking was straight I could get the messages of the "Richest Man in Babylon" and start applying them.

2 comments:

  1. I have the richest man, but have not read the other one, and I want to look into it! The best financial help book I read was "The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey. It changed our lives-really!! Thanks for sharing Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave Ramsey IS awesome!! I love it when people share great book ideas! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete