Sunday, July 5, 2009

Gratitude

I’m grateful that Hannah and James had a great time at camp and returned home safely.

I’m grateful for great teenagers who are making correct choices in their lives. I’m grateful for the things they teach me every day and for the privilege of associating with them. Our family would not be the same without them.

I’m grateful for a missionary son who is working so hard he doesn’t know what day it is or have time to write more than a few lines in an email each week. We have been greatly blessed because of his service. The time has gone so quickly, but we do look forward to seeing him in 12 days!

I’m grateful for medical technology. Besides our accidents, in the last 6 weeks our niece was in an accident on a 4-wheeler and sustained serious injuries to her face. Our nephew who has epilepsy had brain surgery. Also, one of my sisters had extremely bad migraines this week. Without the medical technology we have today all of them could have had very different results from their health issues.

I’m grateful for friends and family to lean on in times of need. From shopping to letting me cry on their shoulders, I appreciate all they have done for me.

I’m grateful for our country and the freedoms we enjoy. I’m grateful that I can choose where to live and how to live. I’m grateful for the privileges we enjoy, and for the service of so many men and women that allow me to live safely in this country.

I’m grateful for our religious freedom. I’m grateful for my forefathers and the sacrifices they made to make my life and blessings possible.

I’m grateful for the love of Heavenly Father. He loves me no matter what I do or don’t do. I’m grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ, and the fact that the atonement can be applied to my life and be a great blessing to me. I’m grateful for the gospel knowledge I have to guide me, and for every part of the church from leaders to programs to opportunities to serve, learn and grow.

I hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. 12 days?! Holy Cow! I am so excited for you. It will be fun to have him home.

    ReplyDelete