Monday, February 8, 2010

Irony

Yesterday it was my turn to teach in Relief Society. After lots of consideration and prayer I decided to teach a lesson on self-reliance. It went well and I think the sisters were receptive to the message.

After church I stayed at the church for choir practice, went home for a quick lunch and then out the door to do a food order on the way to the stake women's choir practice. After doing the food order I went down the street, stopped at a stop sign, and the van started running very rough. I debated if I could make it to bishop's house to get the food order signed (immediately giving up the choir practice...lol.)

However, I decided I wasn't going to make it to Bishop's house and should head home. Then I realized I wasn't going to make it there either, so I turned into Fred Meyer parking lot where the van died and I coasted into a parking stall.

The irony is that I taught a lesson on self-reliance in Relief Society in the morning and in the afternoon our van broke down!

Today as the mechanic called to say that the fuel injector had gotten stuck open and there was fuel in the oil so they would have to replace the fuel injector and the oil. As he was telling me what was wrong I was adding costs in my head, "Ok, so not $400...maybe 500...600...700...800" When he told me how much it would be I was thinking, "wow, that's quite a bit better than $800." It was nice knowing all I had to do was transfer money from one account to another. That's why it's there after all...for emergencies.

1 comment:

  1. I gotta agree with your thoughts on self reliance. Having a savings account is such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete