Sunday, February 21, 2010

Something amazing

I never thought that going gluten-free would give me a deeper appreciation for the sacrament, but it has. The only gluten I have allowed myself to eat since January 4th (on the advice of my naturopath) has been the sacrament bread. After a couple weeks I realized how sweet the bread tasted as I partook of it. Every week since, I have contemplated not only the sweetness of the bread itself, but the sweetness of Heavenly Father's blessings in my life. I've thought about how His hand has shaped my life and how He has always been there for me. I also think about the sweetness of Christ's love for me; how that love is so great that He was willing to sacrifice His life for me to make it possible for me to return to Heavenly Father's side. I think about how my life has changed since I realized that love our Heavenly Father and Jesus have for me, an imperfect soul. That is truly the sweetest thing ever!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to look at it, Ann. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete