Tuesday, June 29, 2010

More hiking...

Did I say I like hiking?

Monday we hiked to see Timpanogus Cave. I've done that three times as an adult. The first time I carried a 2 month old Johnathan up that trail and didn't think it was too bad. The next time was in 2004, I was at or near my highest weight and very out of shape. About 3/4 the way I wanted to quit and go back down, but I didn't and finally made it.

This time, 60 pounds lighter and in better shape, it still took me the entire time allowed, but I didn't want to quit at any point on the trail. I thought that was progress.

Here are a few of our favorite photos.


I can't believe how big Hannah has gotten. She's taller than me even on flat ground.


Shellece, Ann and Carol about 1/4 the way


Carol and me


the mountain goats ran off ahead...see the little spot of red?


Shellece, me and Hannah


Hannah resting...she's so cute.


Hannah's "J" tree


The heart


An underground lake


We made it through!
Front: Shellece, Gordon, Aseana, Cora, Hannah
Middle: James, me, Carol, Tom
Back: Jonathan the guide and Sean

Tuesday Shellece and I went for a short hike with the youngest two kids while the men and older kids went on a quest...the quest to conquer Mount Timp. I'll start with that next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment