Friday, June 4, 2010

Yipee!!!

School is out! I've been counting down since mid October. (Isn't that about the time I got my new calling?) This year has been so long.

And the school year ended with a bang when I visited the DMV this morning. I arrived well prepared to sit and wait for an hour. I had a book to read that I hadn't even started yet. I walked in, pushed the button for my number and heard, "Number 0-1-5 is now being seen at window 12." I looked down. My number was 015. I tore the number off and walked to counter #12.

While there the lady asked if I was still 5 foot one inch and 218 pounds. It was great to say, "No, I'm no longer 218. I'm now 167." Her reply was, "Wow!"

Then I walked over to the camera and had my picture taken. I decided to get the 8 year license because I didn't want to go in again for a long, long time. Who cares if my picture and license say I'm 167 when I finally get to 112. At least it's closer than stating and looking like I'm 218. My whole trip to the DMV and back home again took less than half an hour.

My book is still not started.

Another good thing...I don't have to work on my birthday!

One last thing...Tim is doing great. He wrote this week that he and his companion saw a bear and her cub crossing the street one day. He says that's unusual there, too. Also, they started with no one to teach, but are teaching 3 people and finding more. One is a man whose daughter is taking the lessons in another area. He also told us that they found a nice place by the river where they can study every day, and the spirit is strong when they are there. Tim has grown so much already. He is going to be one powerful man. I think he may just love them into the church.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had such a great day! It sounds like Tim is doing great so far!

    ReplyDelete