Monday, August 30, 2010

3 days

Johnathan has always had a good head on his shoulders. He has been able to discern right and wrong and make wise choices. I always felt sad that some of my siblings were examples of poor choices, but what a wonderful son I was blessed with...a boy who could look at his uncle and aunt and decide at the age of 3 that he would not smoke and drink like they did.


We talked a lot about choices in our family from the time Johnathan was tiny, and it showed in his first testimony. He was nearly 4 years old, and gave his testimony by himself with no prompting. "I'm a big guy. I know the church is true. I know that my church is true. Boys and girls need to have right choices. I want everyone to be happy in the whole world. My testimony is about Jesus. So, boys and girls, we need to get right choices. I want everyone to be happy in the whole country. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."


I probably should have worried about the friends Johnathan chose to hang with over the years, but I knew he was strong. He knew where he was going and how to get there. Most of his friends have been non-members. Rather than them being a poor example for him, he has been a good example for them. He accepts them where they are at and loves them no matter what they choose, but at the same time he has helped many of them overcome a wide range of problems. I guess that's where he found his talent for psychology. The van has been known as "Dr. John's mobile psychologist office" for years now!

No comments:

Post a Comment