Monday, August 30, 2010

4 days

Johnathan has always been very energetic and quick. Not only did he learn everything early, but he went about doing them with vigor. Often I have felt like Johnathan is rushing to meet the world about 100 miles per hour faster than I'm comfortable doing. Half the time I wanted to put on the brakes!

Johnathan has always been very articulate, too. He thinks fast on his feet (another thing he did not get from me). A good example of this is the talk he gave in church last Sunday. He literally remembered he was speaking when he saw his name in the ward bulletin. Those of you who were there...did you even realize that as he spoke? I only realized it when I notice he was using Tom's scriptures.

He is a deep thinker and very analytical (I think he did get that from me), but he has NO FEAR of public speaking and he has always loved to perform. His earliest role was as the son of Jens Nelson in a musical about the handcart pioneers. He has always been interested in producing films, too. While we were in Utah he produced a short film about growing up entitled "Suddenly I Turned Around." He entered that film in the school's reflection contest and it went to the state level, if I remember right. Of course, his favorite part in that was throwing the watermelon off the roof!

I'd sure like to know what happened to that little boy. I can't really have a 22 year old getting married in a few days when I haven't aged a day over 27, can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment