Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Old/New goal continued

So day 3 hasn't been a rousing success, but I'm a work in progress. Tomorrow will be better.

I had a nice visit with the naturopath today. I told him that I feel like this detox thing is going to take forever. He told me that the bulk of it happens relatively quickly, but the end of it drags out. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but it gave me hope that some day soon my bp will return to normal because I won't be detoxing as actively as I am right now. Whatever I'm detoxing now is making my left hip hurt bad enough that I can't find a comfortable position to sleep. Ugh.

He also told me that my body is stronger. I can't tell if I'm progressing or not, so it's always nice to hear good things like that. It's still hard to be patient when it's taking so much longer than I hoped it would.

He also told me that I've progressed enough that another layer has been uncovered. Good or bad news I can't tell at the moment. Hopefully, that's good in the long run. Apparently, our scar tissue isn't as supple and pliable as regular tissue and sometimes it runs interference in the nerve impulses that run through our bodies. So we did some work on my scars today. He had me touch my gall bladder scar and tell him about the circumstances, my emotions at the time, when it happened, etc, as he waved a lazer beam over me. It was weird, but I'm sure he knows what he is doing. Then we did it with my C-section/appendix scar.

It's really interesting to learn about my body this way. I'm really thinking that for now this is the best course for me. I'm glad I found someone good.

No comments:

Post a Comment