Sunday, October 2, 2011

Faith


This is my faith project. 

I took the wooden pioneers that my aunt designed, printed a copy, and used the outline to create the pattern on graph paper. 

I heard the quote at the SS training meeting I went to last week. The speaker, Matthew O Richardson was telling about a time when he was learning from Henry B Eyring. That was what Elder Eyring said in the lesson. 

When Elder Richardson shared that experience it opened my mind to a deeper level of faith. He talked about how the pioneers committed to traveling to Utah not knowing what they were in for. He also talked about how we all desired to come to earth for a body. Heavenly Father told us it would be hard and that all wouldn't make it back, but we wanted it so bad. We didn't know then what we would face here on earth, but we wanted the reward enough to make the attempt. That's faith. 

I'm so glad they decided to let mom's do Personal Progress with their daughters. It's been fun, and touching, to work with Hannah on our goals. Last night we talked about Patriarchal Blessings, and I was able to share my testimony with her about how Patriarchal Blessings guide us and help us. 

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful. I need get in gear so that Hannah and I can accomplish our goals too.

    ReplyDelete