Saturday, October 22, 2011

Birthday and Auction

Tom is 50. 



He says he feels like he is on top of the world...and driving us crazy to prove it. I almost asked if he had reverted to teenage. I'm wondering how we got so old. I used to look at my parents and think 50 was so far away...and here we are. It's so weird. 


Last night was the scout auction. Our funds were a bit tight this year so we took cash and when the cash was gone, we were done. I let Tom control the money because I had some Relief Society stuff to do. The results...3 cakes, a plate of peanut clusters and a groovy picture. We gave one cake to one of the high priests and another to a young family in the ward. But I wasn't letting Katie's cake out of my sight. This cake is better than "Better Than Sex" cake. It's heavenly. 

Inside Out German Chocolate cake

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it. It is so decadent. Michael made it for me for Valentine's Day when we were dating. I married him just to get the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death by chocolate! It doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete