Monday, November 7, 2011

As luck would have it


I've had lots of fun being in this choir, although if I'd realized how challenging the work on my kidneys was going to be I would have waited until next year to do the choir. I feel good when I see the progress we have made with the songs. A couple of them are really challenging, but we're getting them! Only three more rehearsals, and then it's performance time. I'm getting a bit nervous since it's going to be on TV, but I keep telling myself that my past luck will hold out. 

My luck is that I'm always in the crack. 

Back in high school, during my junior year we performed "The Sound of Music" for the school musical. I was one of about 50 nuns, which meant I was on stage three times...at the beginning, middle and end. They had a photographer who took photos through out the performances, and later gave us the chance to order the photos we wanted. The photographer took several photos from one end of the stage to the other right at the point when all the nuns were onstage for one of the songs. Since I was on the front row you'd think I'd be in one of the photos. NOPE! I was in the crack. One photo had up to my left-hand neighbor and the next one picked up with my right-hand neighbor. 

In the past decade I've gone to BYU Women's Conference about 4 times and I always sign up for the Instant Choir. One year my sister-in-law did it with me. When I watched the broadcast later...guess what! My sister-in-law, who was standing right beside me, was on the screen, but I was in the "crack."

And there's the time when Craig Worth came and did a story on my marching band...Yep! I was in the crack on that one, too.  

There's only one time when I haven't been in the crack. It was while I was in the BYU Flag Corp, and they took a picture during one of the half time shows. I'm front and center, and on the official BYU 1983-84 calendar. 

There it is. My one claim to fame! 

You'd think it would give me a complex, but actually, I get more nervous thinking I could be seen by billions of viewers. I've always enjoyed my anonymity.

So, I keep telling myself I'll either be in the crack or hidden behind the conductor. LOL 

1 comment:

  1. Heh - totally understand! :) There's a reason I'm comfortable playing the piano - having a huge instrument to hide behind is awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete