Monday, November 28, 2011

The Circle of Life

Tom and I went to McCall for a small get-away and stayed at the Shore Lodge on the 22nd. Our actual anniversary was on November 26. We went all out and paid for the mid-grade room that had a balcony and view of the lake. Even in November the lake is very pretty. Tom was making all kinds of plans (snowshoeing and ice skating, etc) but when it came down to it we stayed at the hotel and relaxed in the outdoor hot tub. That's always fun when there's snow on the ground and the water feels so nice. 


We bought the dining package with the room so we enjoyed dinner in the hotel dining room. Gourmet food at it's best...except I found myself wishing for regular food...lol. Tom loved it though, and we both waddled back to our room and sat on the couch moaning because we'd eaten too much.  


I'll have to post some photos later. We forgot the camera and ended up using a single use one instead of the digital. So now I need to get it developed. 


I remember when my parents were celebrating their 25th anniversary. Tom and I had been married less than a year. We took my parents back to the temple they were married in...Idaho Falls. It was the first time they had been back to that temple since they were married. My grandparents went with us, too. It was a special day. 


But I remember thinking that 25 years was such a long time. It was so far out there I thought we'd never be that old ourselves. HA HA HA Here we are! Now my parents will be celebrating their 50th anniversary next August, we've celebrated 25 years, and Johnathan has celebrated his first. 


The circle of life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment