Monday, January 16, 2012

I think I'm back

Thanks to some wise words from a friend, I am feeling much better about things. She reminded me that sometimes when everything else is done we need to forgive ourselves. I had gotten to the point where I had done everything I could do to forgive and move on, including accepting the fact that all I can do now is turn it over to Heavenly Father. 


The part that was still dragging me down was the fact that there has been a part of me that blames myself for letting it happen. Again. For not seeing it coming. Again. For seeing the red flags and ignoring them. 


When I started acknowledging that I was blaming myself, I could change my thinking, forgive and start to feel better. Last time, it was like night and day. It seemed like the windows of my soul had been cleaned, and the very colors of the world were brighter. This week it all came very subtly, like a sunrise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment