Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Change is good

When I was younger I hated change. It made me uncomfortable, and I hated uncomfortable. Now I like change. I get bored if things don't refresh once in a while. That's really what change is...life being refreshed. New opportunities to learn and grow. New people to meet and get to know better. New routines. 


A couple days after our vacation I got the news that the stake was going to be reorganized, meaning all the ward boundaries would be changed. Speculation mounted all around me, but I've made it a habit to not speculate too much. I figured we'd end up with a new bishop (yep) and we'd end up with members of the other ward added in (yep), but I didn't expect to lose people. You would think I'd expect that, too, but I didn't. I hoped I could keep every sister we already had and just add new ones to the mix. 


So, they tossed the deck of cards into the air and when the dust cleared we had a new bishop and counselor, a new high priest group leader, a new elders quorum president, very few young men's leaders and half a relief society presidency. 


I'm going to miss ALL the sisters who were moved into the Colehaven Ward, from the ubber-talented, always dependable Relief Society counselor and secretary to the sweet sister who could correct us and still make us feel loved to the few I hadn't met yet. They all had a place in our ward and leave a hole. 38 sisters in all. That makes me sad. 


I'm really excited to meet the new sisters and get to know them better. I know some names and faces already since they have been in the "other ward" since we moved to Boise, but now I'll really get to know them. I'm excited to learn from them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment