Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm on a roll...


This post belongs on both blogs. So if you read it here, you don't need to read it there. LOL 


I improved my time by one whole minute over last Friday's time. I ran 5 minutes!


I couldn't have done this even last year. At that time it was a stretch to walk three 5k's per week. This year I needed to step it up. I looked at my watch at 1:45 and was amazed. I was just starting to breath heavy. 2 weeks ago I couldn't go longer than 1:30.


Aunt Daryl will be happy! She is my inspiration and true support. At the age of 50 she looked at "my little mother lying in the hospital bed" with alzheimers and other health issues. Daryl didn't want to end up that way so she went to the store and bought running shoes. She started by walking past one house and then running past one house, and over time she got better and better. For several years she ran every weekend during the summer...5k, 10k, half marathons, full marathons. Now she is in her 80's and still gets around great. She doesn't regret learning to run when she was 50.


When I told Daryl I was going to start a couch to 5k program she was excited. Every few minutes she would turn to me and encourage me to do it. ha ha!


And I figure this fits right in with everything else. I started learning to swim and play the piano after I turned 40. Now I'm pushing 50, I guess I can start running.

1 comment:

  1. That is so great Ann! I love that program and made it up to running a mile and half straight. I need to start again and keep up with it. You are doing so good. Love ya, Stac

    ReplyDelete