Wednesday, February 23, 2011

And so it goes...

Well, I'm feeling a bit better about everything now I had my little melt down. Things are looking up at work. Detoxing is still there. Relief Society is smoothing out...kinda.

Yesterday we had a memorial service for one of the less active sisters. We provided soup, rolls and cake for the lunch and it was so easy. A real blessing for everyone involved.

Then I learn that we have another funeral in the near future. Sister Harriet Wardle, one of the sweetest sisters in the ward, passed away this morning. I don't know when it will all happen. It was a bit surprising since Harriet has had the better health of the two of them lately. Jess is still hanging on although his health has steadily declined in the last few months. We miss seeing the two of them making their way down the halls of church or already sitting in the chapel when we arrive.

While we were living in Salt Lake I had to work for a time although I didn't want to leave the kids. Hannah was just a baby. One day I read in the Book of Mormon about how the people of Alma prayed that their burdens would be lightened. I prayed that mine would be lightened, too, and felt a physical lifting of my burdens. The weight on my shoulders actually felt lighter.

Tom reminded me of that scripture yesterday, so I've been praying for several things. That my burdens will be lightened. That I will be stronger and able to endure. That I will be forgiving, patient and able to fulfill my duties the way the Savior would. It's just a beginning, but my mood definitely shifted for the better today.

Note to the members of the ward who read this...We'll be calling for help!

2 comments:

  1. Sad to hear about Sister Wardle, I didn't know her other than by face but she seemed like such a sweet lady. I am more than willing to help if you need it, just let me know! Hope it continues to be a better day, it always seems that when you really start trying to make things better there is something that comes along to make it a little harder to do so. Just remember you havea church family who loves you and is there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that things have evened out a bit. It will get better and before you know it you will look back and see how much you've grown. :) It's like getting through toddlerhood. Day by day it is really hard and then all of sudden you turn around and made it through. :)

    ReplyDelete