Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fun Memory

I was doing a questionaire my cousin had done on facebook and came across the following question. It was so fun to think of this memory that I thought I'd share it here.

Ever had someone sing to you?

On my mission the lady and girls we lived with and our neighbor serenaded me on my birthday to wake me up.

Estas son las mañanitas, que cantaba el Rey David,
Hoy por ser día de tu santo, te las cantamos a ti,
Despierta, mi bien, despierta, mira que ya amaneció,
Ya los pajarillos cantan, la luna ya se metió.

Que linda está la mañana en que vengo a saludarte,
Venimos todos con gusto y placer a felicitarte,
Ya viene amaneciendo, ya la luz del día nos dio,
Levántate de mañana, mira que ya amaneció.

I thought it was the alarm clock and told my companion to turn it off! Finally, I woke up.

Update: You can hear it at this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wIs2HQW6qU&feature=related

2 comments:

  1. LOL - "turn it off!" That is so funny!!! And what a cool song - I'll have to look up the tune or ask you to play it for me, LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete