Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Procrastination

Have you noticed certain chores around the house that you hate, despise, and abhor? Does it take you forever and a day to talk yourself into doing those chores? It does me. Here are a few of the things I struggle with:

I dislike unloading the dishwasher and putting the dishes away. It only takes a few minutes when I finally talk myself into doing it. It's always been this way. While I was growing up we did all our dishes by hand. Guess who ran to WASH the dishes every time. ME, because I disliked drying them and putting them away!

I detest folding the laundry and putting it away. It's slightly better now that the kids do their own laundry, but I still don't like it.

I abhor making button holes. Seriously, I can put off making button holes for years, and then finally I get it done or I give up ever wearing the item.
And last but not least...

I absolutely hate binding quilts. I hate trimming the edges, pinning the binding and getting it ready for the machine. Once that is done I hate sewing it. It's so big and bulky.

The crazy thing about all these things is that they only take a small amount of time to do once I get started, but I waste so much time getting started. It takes 10 minutes to empty the dishwasher, 10 minutes to fold mine and Tom's laundry, 15-30 minutes to make button holes and 2 hours to bind 3 quilts, but sometimes it takes me years to get around to it.

The procrastination is the hardest part. You'd think I'd take the easy road and not procrastinate, but then, that would be too hard!

3 comments:

  1. LOL, I soo hear you. It's Marc's job to put away dishes and if he doesn't the dirty one will just pile up in the sink because I don't want to put them away. And your laundry pile is way, way, way smaller that mine at the moment. I tell myself that at least they are clean. lol

    ReplyDelete