Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bye bye meds!

I am no longer taking Blood Pressure Medicine! My last day at half a dose was Saturday and so far my bp is staying within reasonable levels! However, now I've had the corresponding increase in my weight and my body is adjusting to not having the diuretic part of the meds. It's ok. It's part of the process. I'm just happy to not have the meds anymore.

When I talked to the medical doctor about this process of getting off the meds she told me that I would probably have to lose 30-40 more pounds before I got to this point. I went home thinking "YES, it's tied to my weight, BUT it's MORE tied to the health of my heart." How much have I actually lost since talking to her? 10-12 pounds. As much as I hate to admit it...I would have never gotten to this point without the supplements the naturopath has given me to support my heart so it can heal. I was on a slippery slope under the care of my medical doctor. She was doing the best she could, but I was not going to improve on that track.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Ann! I am so excited for you. That is a great achievement and I couldn't be happier for you. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Ann!!! I believe that naturopathic medicine and medical practices go hand in hand. They need each other and have their place. I just with they would work together instead of being like Republicans and Democrats and don't dare agree on anything.

    ReplyDelete