Thursday, April 15, 2010

Birthdays

I'm falling behind on blogging this month. It's birthday month here at our house and I haven't written about it yet.

On April 4 we had John at home for his birthday. It was great having him here and celebrating his 22nd birthday together. After two years of not having him to celebrate with we appreciated the time together much more. The fact that it was also Easter AND one of the greatest General Conferences ever was just frosting on the cake. Our friend Pam made a cheesecake for John's birthday and it was delicious. Thanks to Pam for that wonderful service.

Today was James' birthday. He's 15 now. It's great having adult children. All those years of throwing parties while the kids were young...now I get to reap the rewards...LOL. James planned a party at the park, and I talked Tim, John and Laney into being the chaparones for the party. I just sat here for 3 hours doing whatever I wanted and making dinner. The kids came home to eat tacos (a great easy meal for a whole bunch of teenagers) and then I ditched to attend a stake Relief Society leadership meeting while Tim, John and Laney held down the fort at home.

James wanted a spongebob cake so this is what I came up with late last night. (I started before work, but the cake mix cake fell apart and I had to start over from scratch after work.)

Next is Tim's birthday next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment