Thursday, November 18, 2010

Heroes

This has been a kind of melancholy day. Some people come into your life and make such a difference that you miss them after they are gone and remember them always. I've been remembering someone like that today.

Four years ago today we got a phone call from Joe Rudd who was the high priest group leader. Tom was one of the assistants. Joe said, "I have bad news. Tim Perry passed away today." Tom and I were so totally shocked that we sat in the living room for several hours, our minds so numb we could hardly think. We couldn't believe it.

Tim was our age, and was our home teacher for a short time before we moved into our house. He helped us with car repairs at least once, but I remember his visits to our home the most. Words can't even explain what a great person he was. I always picture Tim on the other side working with my brother. He was that kind of person. He is one of my heroes.
Tim Perry

1 comment:

  1. Immediately when I saw Tim's picture I started tearing up. Such a great man!!! Just a month or so before he passed the Banisters and our family ran into him at the Snow Shack and he was letting Dallin and Maryn suck out of his Icee Drink. I'll always remember that because he was laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete