Monday, November 15, 2010

Never knew...

My cousin has some really good ideas and I decided to lift a couple from her. Here's the first one.

I never thought...

I never thought I'd spend so many years in a family of boys.

I never thought I'd enjoy boys as much as I do.

I never thought I’d love a dog like I do Buffee.

I never thought I'd have to choose my husband. My patriarchal blessing told me to CHOOSE wisely...I never thought more than one would be interested.

I never thought I'd have a miscarriage. I never thought I'd have two of them.

I never thought it would take 17 years of renting before we would buy a house.

I never thought my mom would get cancer, and survive.

I never thought my siblings would struggle with drug abuse. I never thought one of my siblings would die young.

I never thought my siblings would struggle with marriages.

I never thought Heavenly Father loved me and accepted me exactly the way I was.

I never thought I'd struggle with infertility.

I never thought I'd have a c-section. It never crossed my mind that I'd be prepared for that possibility a week before it happened.

I never thought I'd leave the country for my mission even though I really wanted to.

I never thought I would counsel people on the effects of verbal and physical abuse.

I never dreamed that my three year old would learn from the experiences of others and decide to always live the word of wisdom. I never thought that same three year old would bear a testimony (by himself) about the importance of making correct choices.

I never knew my children would be so strong that they would be able to counsel me during the rough times, and have the faith to give amazing blessings.

I never knew I was a leader…until Heavenly Father gave me the opportunity while I was on my mission. He sure thought more of me than I did.

I never thought I'd be a lunch lady like my grandma!


It's amazing to see Heavenly Father's plan in my life and how well it turned out...through all the good and bad times.

Thinking of the things I never knew made me think of things I always knew.

I always knew that at least two of my sons would serve missions.

I always knew I would know my husband for a long time while we dated (nearly 3 years), would be engaged for a short time (2-1/2 months) and would be married for all eternity in the temple.

I always knew I'd serve a mission while I was young...as long as marriage wasn't on the horizon.

I always knew Heavenly Father wouldn't steer me wrong; that He would always tell me what was best for me.

I always knew He would be there for me. I just had to overcome my own feelings of worthlessness.

I always knew that I was worth more than I thought I was…stronger than I thought I was.

I always knew I'd serve as Relief Society president...I dreaded it.

I always knew my husband would be a high priest.

I always knew we would be blessed with wonderful children. I really can't take too much credit for how they turned out.

I always knew I would graduate from BYU.

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing what we find out about ourselves along the way. I always knew you were amazing. :) Love ya

    ReplyDelete