Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cars...who needs them

Our one and only vehicle has been causing us some worry lately so we decided to be responsible owners and have it checked out before it died. We thought maybe that would help it be cheaper.

Yeah, right.

A rebuilt transmission and $2400 later it had better drive better. The mechanic is working with us as best he can by knocking off $200 and doing a lesser repair for free. I'm just glad that we could cover half and had good enough credit to take care of the other half. We'll knock that out quickly with Tom's overtime. I can't wait until our emergency fund is fully funded.

Another good thing is I'm not trying to get to work with a car in the shop. Between this and all the Relief Society business I've had in the last two weeks I'm glad I got out of that kitchen. I didn't need the stress from before or the added stress now.

I've found there's something about being stuck at home with no car. It's boring. Suddenly you think of everything you could be doing if you have a car. I've successfully channeled that into other things though. I've been knitting and today I figured out a better way to do the tatted alter cloth I've been wanting to make. It should be more durable and still pretty.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I totally agree! Who need those dang cars anyway?! We just got ours fix for the 565 and counting ourselves lucky. We have a good, honest mechanic. Glad you have been enjoying your down time.

    ReplyDelete