Monday, May 16, 2011

Change is welcome

Life has been pretty stressful this school year, but most particularly since I started my new job in January. I won't go into too many details, but the fact is that after four months the kitchen manager revealed her true colors and I hit my breaking point. Last Friday was the worst of all the days we've worked together and I decided I needed another school next year. Over the weekend I felt physically ill whenever I thought about going back to work on Monday. So, I decided to go back to the sub list for the rest of the year. It probably means that I'll have to stay on the sub list from here on out, but that's ok. I'm feeling like I am just about done with food service, period.

I've been very upset over this, to the point I've had trouble sleeping. The biggest thing that bothers me is that I didn't see the signs after all the times I've dealt with abusive people. I feel like a fool. I'll get past it, but it will take time. I know better than to bury the feelings. I have to let them out so I can progress to forgiveness. Right now I'm angry and embarrassed and I hope she gets some consequences soon. The district has to suspect something is going on when this manager has been through two assistants in one year.

But at the same time I'm counting my blessings that I'm not still in that situation and I'm enjoying my freedom.

So here are some of the fun things I did today and have planned for the rest of the week:
Slept in until 7:30 am
Ate breakfast and goofed off on the computer until 10 am.
Did Relief Society business.
Ran errands (and celebrated with lunch out)
Planning a trip to the temple
Will make more RS calls and do more RS business
Relax, relax, and relax some more.

It felt so good to not be stressed out today!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hope everything is okay. You are a wonderful caring person and I hope everything works out for the better. I've been in work situations where they are not very pleasant and you feel like there is no way out. It gets just so complicated. I hope that you'll be able to find some kind of resolve.

    ReplyDelete