Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bah, humbug!

I am officially tired of snow now. It’s been snowing all day long. The only time I remember it staying this cold and snowing this much in Boise was our first winter here. Back when we were used to snow and cold for 4-6 months of the year. Before I went to Honduras I couldn’t imagine a Christmas without snow. After Honduras I prefer them without snow. I’m getting spring fever already…aaarrrggghhh!

Of course, January 5 will be bright and clear and the roads will be perfect for going to work so there will be no snow days.

Oh, and we set up a timer on the hose to water the garden last summer. It was a miserable failure because the kids would unhook it and play in the hose then “forget” to reconnect everything when they were done. Except they remembered the last time because last night I couldn’t figure out why it sounded like there was water running. I finally found it. The water had frozen inside the timer and was now gushing out the huge crack in the side of the timer. At least it didn’t freeze the pipe! We just haven’t gotten enough snow or cold to remember those kinds of things.

Ok, I’m done. There’s still sugar in the house…

And I don’t want to eat it. Not even tempted.

1 comment:

  1. There is never snow when we actually need it, like when we are headed to get our shots or when there is a test you didn't study for and could use an extra day. :P Don't worry we all tend to be hum bugs about something. Love you. Stacie

    ReplyDelete