Monday, December 22, 2008

More Twelve Days of Christmas

Day 7...

We dipped all the candy centers.



Day 8...

We made the gingerbread houses.



Starting out.



Linda



James



Tom, Hannah and Tim

***************

Here are the finished products.

Tom's
Hannah's
James'

Linda's


Mine


Tim's
If you look closely you will see a fish theme. Tom put a Swedish fish over his door. James' gingerbread man has a fishing pole and they talked me into putting a couple fish on the barby. LOL...it's better than the year I bought chocolate covered bananas and raisins. It didn't take long for our kids to decide the bananas and raisins were reindeer droppings that year. I've never bought them again.
Day 9...
Was supposed to be caroling, but only one other family came and we decided that since the kids were enjoying the snow so much we'd stay inside, chat and play a game.

2 comments:

  1. I feel so bad about missing caroling!!! So here's the "excuse" - we had tithing settlement at the latest possible slot so as to allow His Highness (Kiddo) time to nap.

    Which he had... but he was *mightily unhappy* when we (still) had to wake him up to get there.

    He did manage to stop fussing long enough to get some Tootsie Rolls and a candy cane from Bishop, of course...

    So we got home a little after 6, at which point Kiddo was throwing every fit imaginable (I want water! *getting water after reminding him to say please* NO!!! No water!!! I want pop! I want Fruit Snacks!!! *informing him that we do not _have_ pop and he may _not_ have Fruit Snacks because he's made a habit recently of spitting them out* [Kiddo collapses on floor] and so forth... and he was not at all distracted by the snow)...

    And after seeing Hubby's head get closer and closer to exploding, I figured I was needed more at home at that point... but I was thinking of you! :-)

    Glad you had a good time chatting & hanging out!!! :-)

    And one of these years, things will WORK. Kiddo may be a teenager by then, but I WILL join you!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great house! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete