Friday, December 5, 2008

Seven random/weird facts about me

Tagged by Krista

1. I took piano lessons as a child for three years, but was totally miserable for several reasons. As soon as I began band in school I talked my parents out of piano lessons. Now, in my 40's, I'm taking lessons again and loving it. Thanks, Krista.

2. Besides piano, I have played 5 instruments...flute, piccalo, clarinet, bass clarinet and contra bass clarinet. The contra bass was my favorite instrument. When there wasn't a contra bass part the teacher would give me the tuba part, which I LOVED! OomPa, OomPa...

3. The clarinet was my first instrument. I began playing it in the sixth grade. Grandma Housley gave me the clarinet my aunts had played in school. It was all metal and very hard to play. I still have it.

4. I got malaria on my mission, but only missed 4 1/2 days of work.

5. I learned how to milk a cow by hand while I was in high school. My uncle loaned us a cow which we milked twice a day getting one gallon each time. There were 11 people in my family and we drank all that milk. Mom made butter out of the cream.

6. I learned to swim by watching the swimming instructors teach my children how to swim, starting when I was 37.

7. I had the part of an extra in our school play during my junior year of high school. The play was "The Robe" by Lloyd C. Douglas. I looked so young they would only let me on the stage during the opening scene. I was a little girl being dragged away from the crucifiction by her mother. My only line was, "But I want to watch longer."

I'll tag...anyone who wants to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment