Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tag--25 things

Rules:
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. I was born on my dad's 28th birthday.

2. I was born on my mom's graduation day from Utah State University. In fact, I made her miss it.

3. When my second sister was born I announced to every one I saw..."Now we have a mew car, a mew house and a mew baby."

4. When my first brother was born I wasn't sure about him and almost wanted mom to return him to the hospital.

5. I started learning how to cook when my fist brother was born. I was so proud that I made jello for dinner all by myself. I was 10.

6. By the time I was 14, my 6th and youngest sister was born and I kept the house running as well as mom did.

7. I was 15 1/2 when my second brother was born. A few weeks later my parents and I went to a Young Woman's thing and I entered carrying the baby. The other girls turned and asked, "Who's baby is that?" I just answered with, "Mine."

8. I love to shock people!

9. I got Malaria while on my mission and only missed 4 days of work although I had been very sick.

10. I fell into a hole while on my mission. They were putting sewer pipe in the neighborhood. They dug the trenches with picks and shovels. Some of the holes were close to 20 feet deep, but others were rather harmless. One night we were walking home single file down a dirt path. I was looking at the stars as I walked and...the ground fell out from under me. I was in a 4 foot deep hole. I only skinned my knee and we laughed all the way home. Remember I like to shock peole. My companion was very shocked when I disappeared suddenly.

11. I lived in the dorm building which was named after my great great grandfather during my first year of college.

12. I met Tom during my third year of college and before my mission. He didn't know he was waiting for me.

13. We pretended to be engaged the Sunday before I entered the MTC.

14. Tom kissed me the first time that weekend. He is still the only man I've ever kissed.

15. I have never donated blood. During my senior year of high school I was afraid to do it and used the excuse that I didn't weigh enough. You had to weigh 110 pounds or more. I was somewhere near that, but I used it as an excuse. Malaria, pregnancy and nursing were also good excuses. Now, I blame my blood pressure.

16. All my sons were born in April. We had to have a baby in the other A month to get a daughter.

17. All the men in our home have O+ blood type. All the females have A+.

18. I have only lived in one home longer than 5 1/2 years. This one!

19. When I was a kid I fell against the quilting frames my mom had set up in the living room and cut my eyebrow. You can still see the scar.

20. I have always HATED running or jogging. I love to walk.

21. My first car was a 1971 Toyota Corola wagon. We bought it a few months after John was born.

22. I learned to tat in 1980.

23. I took 3 years of piano lessons as a kid and hated it so much that I talked my mom and dad into letting me just be in band. My favorite instrument to play is the contra bass clarinet.

24. I have taken more than three years of piano lessons as an adult and have thoroughly loved it.

25. I am reading the Twilight series just to preview it before I let Hannah read them. I'm not a huge fan of fantasy.


I tag you...if you dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment