Saturday, March 6, 2010

Comfort Food

A friend suggested a website for me to check out for gluten-free recipes. I'm looking forward to trying some of them. The dessert section is the largest one I think...lol. Thanks, Juli.

I really wanted comfort food tonight after this past week, so I went out to the pantry and found spaghetti sauce (yay...gluten-free), ground turkey from the freezer and we made Potato Lasagna. It's super hard to make...NOT! A co-worker gave me this recipe a while back and I promptly lost the recipe after making it the first time.

Potato Lasagna

4-5 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced in food processor
1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
26.5 can spaghetti sauce
2-3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded

Spread a little spaghetti sauce over the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Layer half the potatoes over sauce. Then layer half the meat and then half the cheese. Spread half the sauce over cheese. Then layer the rest of the potatoes, meat, and sauce. Cover with the rest of the cheese. Cover with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

My pickiest eater LOVES this recipe!


Nothing beats lasagna as a comfort food!

...except chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. Ann,
    I just want you to know how proud I am of you. You are doing such a wonderful job at something that is incredibly hard. Changing your life and what you have alway done before take courage, determination, and faith. You inspire me. I have to change too and it helps me so much to know that I have a friend who is changing her life, so maybe, just maybe, I will be able to change mine. :) I love you. You are such an example of faith to me. Know that even on your roughest days I am your cheerleader. Keep it up!
    Your friend,
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete