Sunday, March 7, 2010

It always happens

Today the Sunday School teacher asked why we were glad we went to church instead of staying home. I told him that I was glad I came because someone shared their testimony and I gained some understanding and it was an answer to my prayer.

A friend bore her testimony and told of a time when they chose to take a certain job, just to have that job disappear three months later. She told of the struggles they had for several years and finally he is now working at a job he loves and they are in a home in a ward they love. She said it was all coming together finally and she was starting to understand that those hard times were necessary to get them at the point they are at today. She said that although things got twisted and convoluted for a while it was part of the answer to their prayers.

I realized that I'm just in that twisted, convoluted part of my journey. Hopefully, someday I will get where I want to be and I'll look back on it and be able to say that it was all necessary, and that it was all actually part of the answer to my prayers.

I just know that her testimony today was an answer to mine.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I was just talking to my husband this last Sunday about how important it is to listen to others' testimonies. This just adds validation to our conversation.

    Side note: I looove technology! I'm so glad I'm getting to know my "Bright cousins"! I feel like I'm getting filled in on all of these awesome people! I'm so glad you are a blogger :) Congratulations on everything going on at your house! Sounds like you're in for a wonderfully busy year!

    ReplyDelete