Monday, November 10, 2008

High School Tag

I saw this on another blog and since I will probably never be tagged, I decided to just do it anyway.

1. DID YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM YOUR SCHOOL? No, I only went on four girl's choice dates...4 different boys.

2.WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU DRIVE? My parents' toyota corolla wagon or ford pick up truck very rarely. I relied on the school bus.

3. DID YOU PASS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST YOUR FIRST TRY? The written one, yes. The driving one, no. I was driving my grandma's car and no one told me that it would stall if I ran the air conditioner. The second time I borrowed my aunt's small car and faired much better. He had me parallel park by the Logan temple and as I barely backed into the space I bumped the car behind me. He said, "Normally, we leave room between cars." But he still passed me.

4. WERE YOU A PARTY ANIMAL? Nope, not my thing.

5. WERE YOU CONSIDERED A FLIRT? No. A college roommate had to teach me how to flirt.

6. WERE YOU IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, OR CHOIR? Band and choir. Oh, the memories!

7. WERE YOU A NERD? I was a band geek more than anything else.

8. WERE YOU ON ANY VARSITY TEAMS? No. I took band all three years so I wouldn't have to take gym.

9. DID YOU EVER GET SUSPENDED/EXPELLED? No way! I was devastated if I was late for class or didn't have my homework finished.

10. CAN YOU STILL SING THE FIGHT SONG? Never could. I didn't go to enough games, I guess. I can hum the BYU fight song, though, and sing a few of the words.

11. WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS? Mr. Pate who taught Mechanics of English. The kids joked about how he had so many three piece suits that he never wore one twice, but I really appreciated the lessons on dressing for success and all. He told us about his youth and how he was a trouble maker in school. Then he dropped out during the depression because he didn't have any underwear to wear. A few years later he went back to school and was more serious. Teachers were surprised to learn he was the same troublemaker from before, but now extremely serious about getting his education. He talked to us about how he loved teaching, but also ran a ranch and showed us a check one time for a 6 figure amount of money. I'd never thought that was even possible. The other one was Miss Manning, the band teacher. She was a genius at designing our marching band shows and demanded excellence without swearing and belittling. We won first in every competition except one and that was at Nationals where we took second place.

12. WHERE DID YOU SIT FOR LUNCH? Somewhere in the lunch room with my group of friends.

13. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S FULL NAME? Sky View High School

14. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S MASCOT AND COLORS? Bobcats, blue and gold.

15. DID YOU GO TO HOMECOMING AND WITH WHO? Never went to homecoming.

16. IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN WOULD YOU? No way! Unless I could go back and only do band and choir and take everything I know now back with me.

17. WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT GRADUATION? The student leaders gave each of us a marble to sneak to the man handing out diplomas. The choir was sitting on risers on the stage and throughout the whole ceremony someone on the top riser would lose their marble, and it would roll, drop, roll, drop, roll, drop, all the way to the floor. When we finally got our diplomas it was fun to watch the man start putting marbles in his pockets because he couldn't hold all of them in his hands. I went to the all night party afterwards, but it was boring and none of my friends were there so I found a quiet corner in the room where they were showing movies and went to sleep.

18. WHERE DID YOU GO SENIOR SKIP DAY? Didn't have one, as far as I knew.

19. WERE YOU IN ANY CLUBS? No.

20. HAVE YOU GAINED SOME WEIGHT SINCE THEN? Way too much! I thought I was fat then, but looking back now I know I wasn't anywhere near being fat. I was at my ideal weight back then.

21. WHO WAS YOUR PROM DATE? Never went to prom.

22. ARE YOU PLANNING ON GOING TO YOUR 10 YEAR REUNION? I went to my 5 year reunion. I had just come home from my mission and wanted to touch bases. The sad thing was
that the same popular kids who got all the attention in high school were the same people who got all the attention at the reunion. I was always ignored in school so I was pretty much ignored at the reunion. I did run into a boy I'd had a crush on during high school. He was married and had a baby already and had served a mission. He asked what I'd been up to. I said, "Nothing much...just college and a mission." "Nothing much?! That's alot!" That made me feel good. The next reunion is my 30 year one. I haven't decided if I'll go yet. Depends on if I reach enough of my weight loss goals by then.

23. DID YOU HAVE A JOB IN HIGH SCHOOL? I was a part time janitor at the elementary school during my senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment