Saturday, November 15, 2008

This week

was quiet and slow. It was great that we didn't have a ton of things going on for once. Today I've been glad that Tom and Tim went on the turkey shoot because that means I get to catch up all the sewing projects. So far...
  • I've prepared two twin quilts I'm making for James and Hannah's Christmas.

  • I re-prepared a baby quilt someone gave me ("It's already to go. I'm sure you can use it somehow.") So I'm fixing it so it can be tied and donated to the family reunion raffle.

  • I've made 6 microwave potato bags for a friend who is paying me so she can use them as Christmas gifts.

  • I've mended the quilt that Tom and I have been using on our bed. It is getting replaced for Christmas, but it's still good enough to be used as a throw around, picnic blanket.

  • I'm in the middle of putting velcro on the school bags I started making last year when the stake did their humanitarian project. 18 bags total. It's never too late.

  • Next is the nativity wall quilt mom sent for Christmas this year...all I have to do is sew it and quilt it...lol.

  • Then there's the curtain for the kitchen...I've been wanting to do it since we moved into the house over five years ago. It's still not done and if I don't get to it today it will wait for another year or two.

  • Last, but not least, I need to cut fabric to fit over the styrofoam pieces I'm using in my new corner hutch (thanks, Shellece!) to hold up pieces of my nativities so they can be seen better. No sewing involved there.
Other than that it's been a relaxing day!

The dilemna around here is what to do with the broken down van. The MAV (dodge grand caravan otherwise known as Mormon Assult Vehicle) has been leaking transmission fluid for a long time, but it is suddenly alot worse. It's been sitting in the driveway for a month because Tom has been too busy to deal with it, and I'm too stubborn to send it in to get fixed. We've put enough money into that money pit. Anyway, we enjoyed being a two car family for about 3 months before having to park the MAV. I'm not too thrilled with Dodge. Our other car is a Chev Uplander van which we call BMW (Big Mormon Wagon). At this point I'd rather get rid of the MAV and put the repair money into a smaller, cheaper car for the teens to drive. I guess we'll see what happens. Maybe with the tiny tax refund we're expecting we can work on that. In the meantime, Tom finally had a minute, tightened up a bunch of stuff, loaded 3 quarts of transmission fluid into it, and so far it's looking good. We're crossing our fingers.

Ooops, I just heard the van door. That means the guys are back from the turkey shoot. I'd better get sewing again before Tom finds something for me too do...like something fun!

Later...

We went shopping for a few minutes so Tim could buy his Christmas present for Hannah, Tom could buy a Christmas present for me (separate stores) and Tom could use the Cabela's coupon that came today in the mail. It was for $10 off with no minimum purchase. Tom and the kids were stoked to buy $10 worth of Cabela's fudge for 59 cents!

I got a good start on the nativity wall hanging, and arranged the fabric in the corner hutch. The curtain for the kitchen will wait awhile. Here are photos of my hutch...

And dinner is in the oven. And Tom and the kids are cleaning the house.

Good thing I only have productive days once in a while. I'm tired.

1 comment:

  1. "the tiny tax refund we're expecting" - you crack me up!!!

    Hope the van starts behaving better soon... and way to fix up so many things!!! :-)

    And I love this quote: "Good thing I only have productive days once in a while. I'm tired." Amen to that!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete