Thursday, November 20, 2008

My new toy

Yes, I'm finally joining the digital age, and no, I didn't wait until Christmas. Tom wouldn't have bought this for me just like I won't find an electric knife under the Christmas tree. That's the one item on my Christmas list, and I know he didn't get it and won't.

I had the opportunity to do a couple sewing jobs for money. One was the potato bags I posted about on Saturday. The other was to mend a sweater for a sweet older lady. She wanted to surprise her granddaughter with her favorite sweater all mended on Christmas. Who cares that it ended up being a much bigger job that I originally thought it would be. That granddaughter is going to be so happy.

Anyway, I took my earnings and bought myself a Sony 4Gb mp3 player. It's my first. Johnathan has been using mp3 players for several years now, but the rest of us were still lugging cd players around and hoping they wouldn't skip too much. So, I decided it was time. I loaded all my Christmas music on it (280 songs), and I'm really enjoying it. I even got a set of portable speakers.

Sorry, no x-box or wii or even a cell phone on the horizon yet for the Jenson's.

No comments:

Post a Comment